By Dan Wellman
Ten functional initiatives that workout your ability, construct your self assurance, and assist you grasp jQuery
• See what number of jQuery's equipment and homes are utilized in actual events. Covers jQuery 1.9.
• learn how to construct jQuery from resource records, write jQuery plugins, and use jQuery UI and jQuery Mobile.
• Familiarise your self with the newest comparable applied sciences like HTML5, CSS3, and frameworks like Knockout.js.
jQuery Hotshot walks you step-by-step via 10 tasks designed to familiarise you with the jQuery library and comparable applied sciences. each one undertaking specializes in a selected topic or component of the API, but additionally seems to be at anything similar, like jQuery's authentic templates, or an HTML5 characteristic like localStorage. construct your wisdom of jQuery and comparable technologies.
Learn a wide swathe of the API, as much as and together with jQuery 1.9, by means of finishing the 10 person initiatives lined within the book.
Some of the tasks that we'll paintings via over the process this publication comprise a drag-and-drop puzzle video game, a browser extension, a multi-file drag-and-drop uploader, an enormous scroller, a sortable desk, and a warmth map.
Learn which jQuery tools and methods to take advantage of within which occasions with jQuery Hotshots.
What you'll examine from this book
• how you can use the most recent model of jQuery (1.9) in real-world occasions.
• Create a jQuery plugin based for organization and maintainability.
• build a customized model of jQuery utilizing Node.js and Grunt.js, and how one can run unit assessments utilizing qUnit.
• construct on best of on-line companies like Google Maps to create interactive interfaces.
• Use templating frameworks to simply and successfully create repetitive parts of the web page populated with information.
• start with the comparable jQuery-powered frameworks jQuery UI and jQuery cellular.
• Produce interactive interfaces that reply to person interactions utilizing the Model-View-View version framework Knockout.js.
• Use the newest internet criteria like HTML5 and CSS3 to create beautiful and semantic websites.
This e-book takes a hands-on, tutorial-style method that walks you step -by -step via 10 person initiatives that every specialise in generating a particular, real-world product or program.
Who this e-book is written for
This ebook is aimed basically at front-end builders, ideally already with a bit jQuery adventure, or these people who easily are looking to construct on their current abilities with jQuery.